Saturday, November 22, 2014

To DIE for CLEAN Lemon Bites!

Well my lemon tree is in full production & I usually fill a 12 oz bottle with lemon juice, throw a few in the freezer to use for zesting & then keep a few around to put in my water.

Today I was like I need to find a yummy clean recipe for Lemon Bars & ohhhhhhh boy I found a DELICIOUS one!!!! I searched a few on google & skipped by ones that used ingredients I don't normally have or that looked to complicated.

I don't like to spend my entire day in the kitchen.

So when I came across this recipe I was pleased to see how simple it was & that I had everything needed! I obviously must give the credit to Lauren from www.oatmealwithafork.com.

I didn't have the correct size baking dish & was afraid if I made them in a bigger dish they would be way too thin. Clearly thicker is better! This is what it looked like out of the oven. 

And here they are cooled & cut. My pics sure aren't as pretty as Lauren's but the taste is phenomenal! You can dust these with some stevia if you like. 

Ok, enough suspense, here's the recipe: I made a few small adjustments, listed below. But if you'd like to see the original recipe click here.


Ingredients

  • BASE:
  • 1½ c. Gluten Free oats, measured then ground into flour 
  • 1 T. Organic coconut sugar (or another natural granulated sugar)
  • ¼ t. Pink Himalayan salt
  • 2 T. Organic coconut oil (melted)
  • 4 T. cold water
  • FILLING:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 T. lemon zest
  • 6 T. lemon juice
  • 5 T. Unfiltered raw honey
  • pinch Pink Himalayan salt
  • ½ c. Gluten Free oats, measured then ground into flour


Instructions


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. BASE:
  3. Mix together the ground oats, coconut sugar, and salt.
  4. Mix the oil into the dry mix (it should look 'pebbly').
  5. Mix in enough water to make a non-sticky dough.
  6. In a WELL-OILED 9 inch pie dish, (I used the left over melted coconut oil) press the dough into the bottom of the dish (I like to break up the dough into smaller pieces and scatter them around the dish and then press them down).
  7. Bake the base for 12 minutes.
  8. Let cool while you make the filling.
  9. FILLING:
  10. Beat the eggs with the rest of the ingredients until a smooth batter is formed (it will be very runny, but don't fret!).
  11. Pour the batter atop the cooled crust.
  12. Bake for 20 minutes.
  13. Cool completely, cut, and serve! I cut into small bites so the original nutrition facts weren't correct & my family ate half of it before I could count how many bites there were. 


Let me know what you think!

P.S. I am sure these are not 21 Day Fix approved but if you used your yellow swap out allowance I think you'd be safe counting 2 small bites as 1 Yellow container. Shhh, don't tell Autumn. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment